As a Jew, I was born into the Democratic Party. Most Jews are. It seems that this is true in Black families as well. When a Jew or a Black changes parties and becomes Republican or just plain Conservative, they are disparaged and vilified to the point of such hatred, it is truly unbelievable.
My mother was so much more upset at the fact that I had become a Conservative, than knowing that I believed in Jesus Christ as my Savior.
I ran across a wonderful website last night. This article is from 2012 but need to be read by Blacks across this nation. THIS IS TRUTH!
I am going to print this article in its entirety. PLEASE share this with all of your black friend, neighbors and co-workers before they go into the polling places and vote Democrat in the robotic way they always have.
The Democrat Party VS the Republican Party: Who is the True Champion of the Ending Slavery, the Civil Rights Movement, and the Black Community
Our nation’s top historians reveal that the Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it, the Republicans gave their lives to ban it.
- Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
- Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
- Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
- Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
- Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
- Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
- Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
- Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well-known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
- Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
- Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
- Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
- Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
- Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
- Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
- Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull” Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
- Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
- Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox “brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
- Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
- Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
- Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act.
- Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
- Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
- Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
- Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
- Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
- Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
- Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
- Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration.
- The Emancipation Proclamation
- The 13th Amendment
- The 14th Amendment
- The 15th Amendment
- The Reconstruction Act of 1867
- The Civil Rights of 1866
- The Enforcement Act of 1870
- The Forced Act of 1871
- The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
- The Civil Rights Act of 1875
- The Freeman Bureau
- The Civil Rights Act of 1957
- The Civil Rights Act of 1960
- The United State Civil Rights Commission
Republicans gave strong bi-partisan support and sponsorship for the following legislation:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Voting Rights Act of 1965
- The 1968 Civil Rights Acts
- The Equal Opportunity Act of 1972
- Goals and Timetables for Affirmative Action Programs
- Comprehensive Employment Training Act of 1973
- Voting Rights Act of Amendment of 1982
- Civil Rights Act of 1983
- Federal Contract Compliance and Workforce Development Act of 1988
- Republicans enacted civil rights laws in the 1950’s and 1960’s, over the objection of Democrats.
- Republicans founded the HBCU’s (Historical Black College’s and Universities) and started the NAACP to counter the racist practices of the Democrats.
- Republicans pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress.
- Republicans fought slavery and amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom, citizenship and the right to vote.
- Republicans pushed through much of the groundbreaking civil rights legislation from the 1860s through the 1960s.
- Republican President Dwight Eisenhower sent troops into the South to desegregate the schools.
- Republican President Eisenhower appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
- Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois, not Democrat President Lyndon Johnson, was the one who pushed through the civil rights laws of the 1960’s.
- Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois wrote the language for the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
- Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois also crafted the language for the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which prohibited discrimination in housing.
- Republican and black American, A. Phillip Randolph, organized the 1963 March by Dr. King on Washington.
The 1964 Civil Rights Act Roll Call Vote: In the House, only 64 percent of the Democrats (153 yes, 91 no), but 80 percent of the Republicans (136 yes, 35 no), voted for it. In the Senate, while only 68 percent of the Democrats endorsed the bill (46 yes, 21 no), 82 percent of the Republicans voted to enact it (27 yes, 6 no).
Thaddeus Stevens, a Radical Republican that introduced legislation to give African-Americans the so-called 40 acres and a mule and Democrats overwhelmingly voted against the bill.
During the Senate debates on the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, it was revealed that members of the Democratic Party formed many terrorist organizations like the Ku Klux Klan to murder and intimidate African-Americans voters. The Ku Klux Klan Act was a bill introduced by a Republican Congress to stop Klan Activities.
History reveals that Democrats lynched, burned, mutilated and murdered thousands of blacks and completely destroyed entire towns and communities occupied by middle class Blacks, including Rosewood, Florida, the Greenwood District in Tulsa Oklahoma, and Wilmington, North Carolina to name a few.
History reveals that it was Abolitionists and Radical Republicans such as Henry L. Morehouse and General Oliver Howard that started many of the traditional Black colleges, while Democrats fought to keep them closed. Many of our traditional Black colleges are named after white Republicans.
After exclusively giving the Democrats their votes for the past 25 years, the average African-American cannot point to one piece of civil rights legislation sponsored solely by the Democratic Party that was specifically designed to eradicate the unique problems that African-Americans face today. As of 2004, the Democrat Party (the oldest political party in America) has never elected a black man to the United States Senate, the Republicans have elected three.
Since the writing of the article back in 2008, the numbers of Black Americans in our House and Senate are as follows:
During the Reconstruction Era(1863-1877)
- 22 Republicans in the House of Representatives
- 2 Republicans in the Senate
- 0 Democrats in the House of Representatives
- 0 Democrats in the Senate
During the Modern Era(1877-present)
- 5 Republicans in the House of Representatives
- 1 Republican in the Senate
- 99 Democrats in the House of Representatives
- 3 Democrats in the Senate
- 1 Independent in the House of Representatives
As you can see, the party that the Blacks started off in was indeed the Republican Party. It was only after the Reconstruction Era ended and the Modern Era was issued in that the Black Community flocked to the Dixiecrat (Democrat) Party. Why did this change over occur for the Black Community to go from being Republicans to Democrats? There is all kinds of speculation on that! My belief (which may not be yours) is that the Democrat Party and the Klan saw that they had to do something. It was essentially a power-grab that they intended to win. They were loosing power fast and they didn’t want to lose all of their power. Knowing that the majority of Blacks were still fairly uneducated (especially when it came to politics), they did the only thing they could do! They ripped off their sheets, introduced the words “help” and “free” into the picture, and off and running was the Democrat Party for the Black Community. The Democrat Party only saw the Black Community as a bunch of “useful idiots” and their ticket to power!!!! Think about it…………… – source
YES……..think about it!! And pass this on…….