In the Midst of My Storm, Jesus Sent Me a Messenger

Today I had my pre-op appointment at my GP’s office.  The surgery is scheduled for April 2nd – Tuesday.  The procedure is a biopsy being done because of suspicious findings from a few weeks ago.

I wish that I could tell the reader that I’ve been so positive and brave, and that I’ve been leaning on my Jesus every step of the way.

The truth is that I’ve been a wreck.

If I say the “C” word, my husband gets upset with me and tells me NOT to confess that from my mouth.

So, then I feel ashamed that I don’t have the faith I should have. I ask the Lord to please forgive me and help me to look to Him alone during this trial.

Today’s Appointment

The usual nurse came to get me from the waiting room.  I like her so much. She is always smiling and bubbly.  She calls me sweetie.

She took my vitals and then had to get the ECG ready to test my heart.  The computer system was acting up, so it was taking longer than usual.  She asked me about my heart.  I told her about the various problems I have. But then I said to her “But I have a loving heart.”

The nurse said to me “Well that’s most important!”  I responded “It’s loving because Jesus lives there.”  She turned to me with a smile and told me that He lives in her heart too.

My eyes filled with tears and the nurse hurried over to me.  I told her that the surgeon suspected cancer.  She looked into my eyes and said “Cancer?  You do NOT have cancer!” Tears were rolling down my cheeks and this heaven-sent nurse took my hands and prayed the most powerful and beautiful prayer I’ve ever heard.

We then hugged.  I knew at that moment that this had been arranged by the Lord. It had to be.  I felt the presence of Jesus everywhere. And I saw Him shining from the beautiful face of this sister in Christ.  She told me that she was putting my name on a card by her computer and that she would pray for me every day.

After a long talk with my GP and lots of blood work, I was ready to go. My husband was waiting for me.

The “angel” nurse (I called her that) hurried over to me and she said “I’m going to call you, is that okay?”  I told her that I would love that. She smiled and hugged me again – right in front of the other nurses.

We were oblivious to those around us.  We knew that Jesus was there – where two or more are gathered – and that He was well pleased.

I don’t want the reader to think that I know the outcome to the upcoming biopsy. Many Christians get cancer and many have died from this insidious disease.

But, you know what?  Whatever happens will be God’s will. If no cancer, then I will give Him all the Glory!  If I do have it and eventually succumb to it and die, then I will see my glorious Savior and my dad whom I led to the Throne of Grace the very night of his death.  I will also see my dear sister in Christ, Joy.  I’ve been missing her every day since she went to heaven.

 “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better”  (Philippians 1:21-23).

How Can I Be Saved?

Shalom b’Yeshua



26 thoughts on “In the Midst of My Storm, Jesus Sent Me a Messenger

  1. davismanuel

    I had cancer at the age of 40 and with the Lord’s help I am still here at 61. Praise God

  2. Margaret Kiemele

    The Lord Bless you and Keep you Geri….He has your name written in the palm of His hand, and He is the lifter of your head.
    No weapon formed against you shall prosper in Jesus name!! If God is for you, who can be against you.
    Will be waiting for a good report!!!
    With God all things are possible.
    Love in Him, our soon and coming King!!

  3. laurap1032

    Geri, I pray for peace as you go through all the needed steps to take you to good health.

  4. Marilyn Hegge Selchert

    My three year old grandson,Henry, has Leukemia. It is a shocking diagnosis and the treatments are so hard on him. I ask for the trumpet every day and wonder why, if the rapture is so soon, why does he have to go through this. I know that every moment in my life has prepared my for this.
    His grace is sufficient…and I repeat Jeremiah 29:11 constantly.
    Your ministry and writing has helped me so much. I will pray for you.

  5. That’s our Father. In the midst of our trials He shows us that He has not abandon us. The encounter would have been a source of strength and encouragement you.I
    I will be praying. 💜

  6. Amen-Amein Sweet Sister in Christ-Messiah Jesus-Yeshua Geri – I’m Praying for You as well,!! “Pray Without Ceasing.” ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV )!!

    Love <3 Always and Shalom, YSIC \o/

    Kristi Ann

  7. Rich DeJarnett

    Shalom Geri …Thanks for sharing your story … and I would also like to share mine with you.

    About the middle of Sept last year … I was out mowing the lawn. What was not normal was that my blood/sugars for the next 4 days. Between then and Nov 13, 2018, when I went to the VA clinic in Knoxville, TN for a Dr.’s appointment, other oddities arose … pains, hard pains at the chest bone and in the back, … all together 10 different problems arose. As well as being bitten by at least 3 spiders on the same hand, and a bee sting on the same hand. My Dr. went off on the wrong trail, but she never made sure an appointment with the upper GI clinic ever happened. 2 weeks later I went to the Knoxville clinic again as a follow-up on my dr. and the Upper GI clinic in Mountain Home VA. Nothing happened.

    Now comes along 14 Jan 2019, where I had an appointment at Mountain Home VA for podiatry. Afterwards I checked into the Emergency Room, as my problems were still around, but worse. 4 hours later, I had a 10cm mass on my Esophagus. I had to see my Dr. the next day, so she could start the “process”. I had a CT scan and biopsy a few days later … and 20 days later VA gave me a PET Scan. In consultation #2, the nurse practitioner said the mass grew to 13 cm’s. in that 20 days. 10 cm’s is a hair under 4″ … while 13 cm’s is a hair over 5″. I and my nephew and his wife, were told numerous times about how long I had, IF, I yielded to their advice, which seemed to vary every time they opened their mouths. Finally, I told them I was NOT going to do Rad/Chemo, nor the surgery. And I also decided I was NOT going to allow any Dr.’s to “play God”. I was given a “few months”, but that time has come and gone, and we are 2 weeks beyond the few. As fast as I am getting weaker by the day, and the pains are NOT under control, I suspect I may be going home to be with the Lord sometime this month. The Dr.’s and nurses seem to agree that a time will come when the mass will “crack” and bleed out, causing me to “pass out” and “die”.

    Over the years, I have read a lot of what you have written, and for me, I am glad that the Lord lead me to your “blog”. Thank You.

    Your Brother in the Lord Rich DeJarnett Shalom ________________________________

Comments are closed.