Those of us who have discernment and can clearly see that the end of this age is rapidly approaching, know these things by the reading of God’s Word. All one needs to do is to read news reports regarding the Middle East and search the Scriptures. God’s Word jumps off the page for those of us who are truly watching and waiting.
But brethren, as we wait for our Blessed Redeemer, we must continue to be edified and strengthened by the reading of His Word. We also will be admonished to share Salvation with others who are lost and cannot find their way.
I use gotquestions a lot in my articles. I have found them to be sound and grounded in Scripture. I will be outlining their answer to the following question:
Question: “Why should we read the Bible / study the Bible?”
- We should read and study the Bible because it is God’s Word to us. The Bible is literally “God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16). In other words, it is God’s very words to us.
- We should read and study the Bible because it is totally reliable and without error. The Bible is unique among so-called “holy” books in that it does not merely give moral teaching and say, “Trust me.” Rather, we have the ability to test it by checking the hundreds of detailed prophecies that it makes, by checking the historical accounts it records, and by checking the scientific facts it relates.
- We should read and study the Bible because God does not change and because mankind’s nature does not change; it is as relevant for us as it was when it was written.
- We should read and study the Bible because there is so much false teaching. The Bible gives us the measuring stick by which we can distinguish truth from error.
- The Bible equips us to serve God (2 Timothy 3:17; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12). It helps us know how to be saved from our sin and its ultimate consequence (2 Timothy 3:15).
- Reading and studying the Bible helps us see beyond the attractive “bait” to the painful “hook” in sinful temptations, so that we can learn from others’ mistakes rather than making them ourselves.
- The Bible is a book that is not merely for reading. It is a book for studying so that it can be applied. Otherwise, it is like swallowing food without chewing and then spitting it back out again—no nutritional value is gained by it.
Read entire Gotquestions article here
I will add another reason we need to be in the Word of God as we wait for our Blessed Hope:
God cares so much for us, that He left us His Word – a Letter of Love to us. He knows that in these bodies we will have so many trials and troubles. He knows that we will be tempted to sin, and sometimes we will stumble and fall.
“For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust” (Psalm 103:14).
He cares and loves us so much, that He made a way to be reconciled to Himself. He cannot be in the presence of sin. He sent His only Son, Jesus, to make a way for us to be reconciled to Him. When God looks at those who are saved, He sees Jesus.
In reading His Word, we can see from Genesis to Revelation, His plan of redemption for mankind. We are edified when we read and study God’s Word. He equips us to share His Amazing Agape Love with others, so that their eyes may be opened to His Truth and be saved.
So as we wait for Jesus, let us be nourished and edified by reading and studying His Word.
3 thoughts on “As We Wait For Our Bridegroom – Let Us Not Neglect the Study Of His Word”
The Rapture The Feast of Trumpets September 20, 2017 http://www.endtimewarnings.net Maranatha!
On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Absolute Truth from the Word of God wrote:
> Geri Ungurean posted: ” Those of us who have discernment and can clearly > see that the end of this age is rapidly approaching, know these things by > the reading of God’s Word. All one needs to do is to read news reports > regarding the Middle East and search the Scriptures. God'” >
All your reasons why we should read the Bible are a result of one main reason. When one accepted Christ into their life the Holy Spirit immediately begins to indwell you. That right there leads to a thirst to read Gods Word so we can better know and serve Him. I was eager to learn Gods Word. I went from a self serving hippy with no desire to pray or read His Word to one who couldn’t get enough of it. I no longer wanted all the sinful things that came with my lifestyle.
When people asked me why did I have to stop living the way I was. I told them I don’t have to quit anything, I don’t want to. I no longer had a desire for the things that I did in my life. It’s not that I can’t but rather I don’t want to. God did a complete heart surgery in my life. The thought now of doing those things are so foreign to my thinking. There isn’t enough money in the world that it could get me to go back to my old self.
Amen-Amein Sister in Christ Jesus-Yeshua Geri!! God Bless you Sister in Christ Jesus-Yeshua Geri and Your Family members and Friends!!
God Bless all my Sisters and Brothers in Christ Jesus-Yeshua and Your Families and Friends!!
I Love you all Everyone through Jesus-Yeshua Christ, because, HE LOVED EVERYONE FIRST!!
Love <3 Always and Shalom ( Peace ) Everyone, YSIC \o/
Comments are closed.