Months ago, I wrote about a pastor from a Southern Baptist church in Richmond. He has gone the way of the Emergent church. He pastors a church of over 1000 people. He believes and teaches that the God of the Bible is the same as Allah. He is also bringing teachings and practices of the RCC into his church. I spoke to him on the phone, and that did not go well at all. He was enraged with me that I would question his beliefs.
I had such a burden for his congregation. I wrote to his deacons and staff members. I showed them clearly that our God is not the god of the Qu’ran. I never heard back from any of them. Now, I just pray for them.
I spoke with a board member of the Southern Baptist Convention. He told me that each Southern Baptist church is autonomous, and that they cannot control individual churches. I must say that his words saddened me greatly. I couldn’t stop thinking about all of the people who trust their leaders in churches, when their leaders are not following Jesus. How many are destined for hell because they trusted the pastor?
The Apostle Paul said:
“Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:1)
WHAT CAN WE DO?
If you are looking for a church home, it is imperative that you set up a meeting with the head pastor, and even some of the elders or deacons, and ask questions. It has never been more important to know what a pastor and his team believe about the Word of God.
If you are a part of a church, and you have a feeling that something is just not right, you too should speak, one on one, with your pastor and ask questions. The believers in the church of Berea never simply believed what they heard. They searched the Scriptures to make sure that what they were told matched the Word of God.
“Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.” (Acts 17:10-11)
DEMONS IN THE PULPIT
Taken from blogos.org
“Today, Satan and his entourage of demonic helpers stand unchallenged in many church pulpits around the world. Deception is Satan’s most powerful weapon against believers and would-be converts. He cloaks himself in the liturgical vestments of the clergy while using smooth oratory to win over undiscerning believers to doctrines of demons. He is an accomplished speaker, liar and deceiver. He is the master of disguise. From the very beginning of creation, he is the enemy of our soul and has used deception to change the truth about God into a lie. His burning passion for deception and destruction is relentless. His tactics are deadly and carry the sting of eternal ruin. The church needs to learn and understand just how skillful he is at deceiving believers through false doctrines, half truths, and counterfeit spiritual experiences.” 
I am placing a list of questions that should be asked. This is in no way an exhaustive list. Go to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to show you important things to discuss with the leadership.
- Do you believe that the Word of God is perfect and inerrant?
- Do you believe that the Word of God is God-breathed, yet penned by men who were under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you believe that the Bible is sufficient and that words should never be added to it, nor taken away from it?
- Do you believe that God is not Allah?
- Do you believe that there is only one way to get to heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ?
- Do you believe that Eastern mystical mediation has no place in the church?
- Do you believe that Yoga is not for the follower of Jesus Christ, since it is grounded in Hinduism?
- Do you believe that the miracles in the Bible truly happened, and are not allegorical?
- Do you believe that men and women are born into sin, and therefore need to repent and trust Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins?
- Do you believe that homosexuality is an abomination unto God, and that we are to love the homosexual, but reject the lifestyle as sinful?
- Do you believe that abortion at any stage of gestation is murder?
- Do you believe in a literal hell, and that all of those who reject Christ will be in hell eternally?
- Do you believe that Christ’s death on the cross was sufficient as payment for our sin, and that we, who believe, are no longer under the curse of the law; but that we are under the better Covenant of Grace?
- Do you believe that Israel is still under the Abrahamic Covenant, and that a follower of Jesus Christ should not hate Israel, or the Jewish people?
- Do you believe and teach the heretical belief in “Replacement Theology” – that Israel was replaced by the Church?
- Do you believe that Jewish people need Jesus in order to be saved?
- Do you believe that extra-Biblical prophecy is against God’s will, and that the Bible is sufficient and contains everything a follower of Jesus needs to know?
- Do you believe and teach pre-tribulation Rapture, that the Lord Jesus will return in the clouds and take His people (the Church) to heaven with Him? (this is not the Second Coming)
- Do you teach about End Times prophecy, and about the Tribulation?
- Do you believe that we who follow the Lord should be sharing salvation with the lost?
- Do you believe and teach that the Bible instructs that women should not be in a position of authority over men in the church; and that women should never be a pastor?
If you are a serious follower of Jesus Christ, and want to be sure that you are worshiping in a church whose foundation is the Word of God, then you will be proactive in this process. A true born-again Bible believing pastor will be overjoyed that you are being careful. He will gladly answer all of your questions.
Brethren, heretical teaching abounds, and it’s going to get worse. I pray that the readers of this piece will take this to heart.
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.” 2 Timothy 4: 3-4
Blessings in Christ.
(read rest of article on blogos.org)
4 thoughts on “How to Know if Your Church Leadership is Grounded in God’s Word”
Even those who give godly answers to these questions can be promoting heresy by whom they approve. God bless us.
Very true. One would need to sit under the teachings of leadership for a while to really know.
Even then you might not know until the Lord showed you. That happened to me and it was quite eye-opening, let me tell you. Praise God that He kept me from being discouraged by what I learned and experienced. His Word is true though every man a liar. God bless us.
Shameful of these Southern Baptist’s, they have lost their way in the BIBLE Belt!!
The FALSE PAGAN moon god allah-satan is NOT the same as our True GOD ( HASHEM-YAHWEH-ELOHIM-JEHOVAH-HOSANNA-EMMANUEL-EL SHADDAI-YHWH-ELIJAH ) who art in HEAVEN!!
The FALSE PAGAN moon god allah-satan is NOT a god, it is just one of over 360 FALSE PAGANISM OCCULT-IDEOLOGY gods that came out of the middle east, Arab nations!!
Our True GOD said: “Thou Shalt have NO other gods before ME”( Exodus 20:3 KJV )!!
Please PRAY for our JUDEO-CHRISTIAN NATION UNITED STATES of AMERICA and ISRAEL-YISRAEL EVERYDAY EVERYONE!!
I say this: Because of the HEBREW TEXTS ( SCROLLS ) we have JUDAISM and CHRISTIANITY!! Only JUDAISM and CHRISTIANITY is RIGHT as we have the same GOD who art in HEAVEN!!
OUR TRUE GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD HE REIGNS FROM HEAVEN AND EARTH HE REIGNS WITH HIS WISDOM-POWER AND LOVE HE REIGNS SUPREME THROUGH HIS SON YESHUA-JESUS CHRIST FOREVERMORE!!
Happy Shabbat Shalom Everyone!!
Comments are closed.